InstagramTwitterSnapChat

وصف

العودة   منتديات سكاو > الملتقيات الجامعية > ملتقى عمادة الدراسات العليا > ملتقى الماجستير العام و الدكتوراه
التسجيل مشاركات اليوم البحث

ملتقى الماجستير العام و الدكتوراه قسم مخصص لبرنامجي الماجستير العام و الدكتوراه ( غير مدفوعة التكاليف )

تطبيقات عملية في اللغة الانجليزية .

ملتقى الماجستير العام و الدكتوراه

موضوع مغلق

أدوات الموضوع إبحث في الموضوع انواع عرض الموضوع
منتديات طلاب وطالبات جامعة الملك عبد العزيز منتديات طلاب وطالبات جامعة الملك عبد العزيز
قديم 08-04-2012, 11:10 PM
الصورة الرمزية اوديسا

اوديسا اوديسا غير متواجد حالياً

OTHER-CENTERED

تاريخ التسجيل: Mar 2012
الكلية: كلية الآداب والعلوم الانسانية
التخصص: English
نوع الدراسة: ماجستير
المستوى: الثالث
البلد: منطقة الباحة
الجنس: ذكر
المشاركات: 516
افتراضي رد: To Success Key

Dear Success Key

The more you my adviser help, encourage, and teach others W/O condition the more fulfilled and satisfied you feel

An amateur video posted by activists on the internet showed al-Latamneh residents holding up a small girl, apparently dead

Because this time the writer uses indefinite ART before(amateur), he made me stop and take a look at it. If there is no an before it, I will perceive it as(mature). Checking it up in different dictionaries but all my effects went in vain. Your correction

The disaster has spawned countless books, television specials and movies -- perhaps none more famous than James Cameron's Oscar-winning film "Titanic," one of the highest-grossing movies of all time.

I do not know if you have seen this kind of tricky structure, your advice plz

The base at Gayari, where the avalanche hit, sits at about 15,000 feet near a border where thousands of Pakistani and Indian troops stand guard across a no man’s land at elevations of up to 22,000 feet.

Does it mean a land that a man cannot exist or what

India and Pakistan have fought intermittently at Siachen since 1984, but a cease-fire went into effect in 2003

I have come across this expression, but I need you to make it clear enough

Coming from an average school where only 14 per cent of pupils go on to a ‘selective’ university, my memories of my first weeks at a Russell Group university were dominated by a sense of being out of my depth; not quite good enough.

What does Out of my depth mean

In recent years, several districts in Budapest made it illegal to rummage through garbage and beg on the streets, and local politicians created so-called homeless-free zones

Does not beg need gerund here, coz we have preposition before

"All the noise can disturb the neighbors, and often people who live in the building start complaining," Kocsis said

Do we consider the word noise as a Plural N. in this situation

"I'll try again to find a job, again I'll try to learn a foreign language, any foreign language. And then I think I'll have courage to leave Hungary. Maybe I'll try to go to France. That's where the artists are, right?" Szarka asks, then ambles away, his drawings tucked under his right arm

The artist means what

I have checked it up in dictionary, but I cannot comprehend

"There is a little bit of excitement and a little bit of trepidation to be on the ship outside at night with the chaplain conducting a Christian ceremony to honor the deceased that came from all walks of life," Tom Byron says.

Is there any relation bet. the above and bottom ones, I mean the ones in grey colors, your imagination please

"The people on the ship represented a lifestyle that disappeared when the ship sank," Tom Byron says.

in other words= I need you here to give at least two synonyms

all aspects of life= the same applies to this one

The last one

Your pardon, I could not write the exact context, coz you know, you have experience and pla pla pla

If we say that s.o. has to use s.o. or s.t. as a stepping stone or the anvil for their hammer, what does that imply

Praying is being process every day my sister, yes we need Dua until the next

May ALLAH reward you immensely

التعديل الأخير تم بواسطة اوديسا ; 08-04-2012 الساعة 11:55 PM.

منتديات طلاب وطالبات جامعة الملك عبد العزيز منتديات طلاب وطالبات جامعة الملك عبد العزيز
قديم 09-04-2012, 06:54 AM   #2

اوديسا

OTHER-CENTERED

الصورة الرمزية اوديسا

كلية: كلية الآداب والعلوم الانسانية
افتراضي ٌroad to step

STEP

I look forward to hearing from you

look forward to + V. - ing

==========

She's supposed to be learning English and trying to find a job or go to school

==================

Fatima
tries to cope with her new life, but the frustration is always simmering below the surface

I must help you to cope with this difficult situation

to cope with means, dealing with difficulties, trying to overcome them. Fulfilling, satisfying or meeting needs

============================

You have left two pages unanswered

Success Key

Teach me to be strong like you

You Success Key have been a brave teacher starting from day one, so Keep educating me. My dear sister, finish me up the following pages-79 and 94

Pay your close attention to the following

two wrongs can’t make a right

plz. in your own casual speech, I mean the way you say it in Arabic, but not standard Arabic

It took two to tango

the same applies to this one, casual Arabic

التعديل الأخير تم بواسطة اوديسا ; 09-04-2012 الساعة 09:50 AM.
اوديسا غير متواجد حالياً  

قديم 09-04-2012, 09:58 AM   #3

اوديسا

OTHER-CENTERED

الصورة الرمزية اوديسا

April 08, 2012

Success Key

TWO THUMBS UP

You Success Key are beyond my imagination, but it is a matter of opinion

No one will be able to speak perfect English W/O making mistakes. We should turn a blind eye to our faults, so we could learn at the end of the day. When I say never look at the the dictionary, I mean your experience comes first. We have electronic and printed dictionaries but learning words and expressions from context s.t. good. Surly we need to exchange ideas, proper solutions to be professionals in the years to come. My teacher, committing mistakes means improving. Do not care about spelling, connecting ideas. If we think twice before seeking knowledge, we are not going to learn anything. Learning comes with trying to do best and persistence

Compiled by Your Bros. Odessa

I appreciate your help

Does the seventeenth century mean the year begins from 1600 until 1699

============

she thinks that I am kind of snooty

kind of snooty means what

============

It's a complicated relationship, full of comings and goings

comings and goings mean what

------------------------------

I would like to get along with him better, and I´ll continue to struggle for that

to get along with means

Never take a look at the dictionary, I want your words

Go back to the following pages 79-94-95

التعديل الأخير تم بواسطة اوديسا ; 09-04-2012 الساعة 12:24 PM.
اوديسا غير متواجد حالياً  

قديم 16-04-2012, 10:11 PM   #4

Success key

keep success in your mind

الصورة الرمزية Success key

تاريخ التسجيل: Sep 2009
التخصص: Department of European Languages
نوع الدراسة: إنتظام
المستوى: متخرج
الجنس: أنثى
المشاركات: 326
افتراضي رد: ٌroad to step

المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة اوديسا مشاهدة المشاركة

Success Key

Teach me to be strong like you

Pay your close attention to the following

two wrongs can’t make a right

plz. in your own casual speech, I mean the way you say it in Arabic, but not standard Arabic

Two wrongs do not make a right means If a person does something to harm or offend us, that's wrong. If
we do something to harm them back, that's wrong too.

In Arabic, i think لا تزيد الطين بله

It took two to tango

the same applies to this one, casual Arabic

it means you can not perform a task without a partner or someone who can be paired with you to hit your goal (yet occasionally with negative connotations).
In Arabic: يد وحده ما تصفق

توقيع Success key  

ربنا الذي في السماء عرشه ربنا الذي في السماء تقدس اسمه،
أمرك ماض في السماء والأرض ،
وكما رحمتك في السماء ،فاجعلها في الأرض،
اغفر لنا ذنوبنا وخطايانا، إنك أنت الغفور الرحيم ،
اللهم أنزل رحمة من رحمتك ، وشفاء من شفائك ،
على ما بـ صالحة (Conscientious ) من وجع .

Success key غير متواجد حالياً  

قديم 11-04-2012, 10:32 PM   #5

Success key

keep success in your mind

الصورة الرمزية Success key

تاريخ التسجيل: Sep 2009
التخصص: Department of European Languages
نوع الدراسة: إنتظام
المشاركات: 326

Dear Success Key

The more you my adviser help, encourage, and teach others W/O condition the more fulfilled and satisfied you feel

An amateur video posted by activists on the internet showed al-Latamneh residents holding up a small girl, apparently dead

Because this time the writer uses indefinite ART before(amateur), he made me stop and take a look at it. If there is no an before it, I will perceive it as(mature). Checking it up in different dictionaries but all my effects went in vain. Your correction

amature is a word Not a+mature ..... which means sth follows a pursuit without attaining proficiency or professional status

so, it's correct to use "an" before it .

The disaster has spawned countless books, television specials and movies -- perhaps none more famous than James Cameron's Oscar-winning film "Titanic," one of the highest-grossing movies of all time.

I do not know if you have seen this kind of tricky structure, your advice plz

simply, the word "specials" is a noun here..... so, it's okey to use this structure ........

The base at Gayari, where the avalanche hit, sits at about 15,000 feet near a border where thousands of Pakistani and Indian troops stand guard across a no man’s land at elevations of up to 22,000 feet.

Does it mean a land that a man cannot exist or what

No, No man's land is term was used to describe a disputed territory or one over which there was legal disagreement. This term appeared with the first world war

India and Pakistan have fought intermittently at Siachen since 1984, but a cease-fire went into effect in 2003

I have come across this expression, but I need you to make it clear enough

it means.....to become effective.
e.g
When does this new law go into effect? The new tax laws won't go into effect until next year.

Coming from an average school where only 14 per cent of pupils go on to a ‘selective’ university, my memories of my first weeks at a Russell Group university were dominated by a sense of being out of my depth; not quite good enough.

What does Out of my depth mean

out of my depth is an idiom that means it's too complicated for me to understand - it's too deep.

In recent years, several districts in Budapest made it illegal to rummage through garbage and beg on the streets, and local politicians created so-called homeless-free zones

Does not beg need gerund here, coz we have preposition before

"
Doesn't matter ....... coz this's a compound direct object. A compound direct object is when the subject is verbing more than one object.
so, here we've "several districts" as the subject and the verb "made illegal " and the two objects are " rummage through garbage" and "beg on the streets" ....... That's it

All the noise can disturb the neighbors, and often people who live in the building start complaining," Kocsis said

Do we consider the word noise as a Plural N. in this situation

"
the plural of "noise" can be noise and it can be noises......and this depends on the kind of the noise .
I think it's being used as an uncountable, whereas in other situations, where the sense is different, the word noise can be plural. "I could hear lots of different noises coming through the door - bangs, clatters, booms and a series of whirring noises". Technically, musical instruments make "noise" but it's generally referred to as , well, music. The term noise seems to imply non-musical, unpleasant or unwanted types of sounds. In your case, anything and all things that contaminate(s) the signal are collectively called noise.

I'll try again to find a job, again I'll try to learn a foreign language, any foreign language. And then I think I'll have courage to leave Hungary. Maybe I'll try to go to France. That's where the artists are, right?" Szarka asks, then ambles away, his drawings tucked under his right arm

The artist means what

the basic meaning of the word artist .....a person who practices one of the fine arts.

I have checked it up in dictionary, but I cannot comprehend

"

it means to be good enough
e.g
Your work is not up to scratch. You had better improve.
I fired that employee because his work was not up to scratch.

There is a little bit of excitement and a little bit of trepidation to be on the ship outside at night with the chaplain conducting a Christian ceremony to honor the deceased that came from all walks of life," Tom Byron says.

Is there any relation bet. the above and bottom ones, I mean the ones in grey colors, your imagination please

"
yees, it's an expression which has different meanings occupation, profession, and social class
But in this sentence means all the social classes.

The people on the ship represented a lifestyle that disappeared when the ship sank," Tom Byron says.

lifestyle = economic level =mode of living of an individual or group

all aspects of life= the same applies to this one

aspect of life =sector = sphere

The last one

Your pardon, I could not write the exact context, coz you know, you have experience and pla pla pla

If we say that s.o. has to use s.o. or s.t. as a stepping stone or the anvil for their hammer, what does that imply

Praying is being process every day my sister, yes we need Dua until the next

May ALLAH reward you immensely
i didn't get the last one

for the rest of the questions , i'll come back as soon as possiable

plz keep praying 4 me
Best of luck, Odessa

التعديل الأخير تم بواسطة Success key ; 11-04-2012 الساعة 10:35 PM.
Success key غير متواجد حالياً  

قديم 16-04-2012, 05:39 PM   #6

اوديسا

OTHER-CENTERED

الصورة الرمزية اوديسا

المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة Success key مشاهدة المشاركة

for the rest of the questions , I'll come back as soon as possible

plz keep praying 4 me
Best of luck, Odessa
Monday, April 16, 2012

Sorry my MUSLIM sister, now it is under your thumb

You mean this paragraph

There’s a lot of oil in The Middle East and if The United States and Europe has to use Israel as a stepping stone or the anvil for their hammer – to squeeze out all that oil – they will

The one in blue color

Never use the ARABIC expression
(لغاية في نفس يعقوب)
Some scholars say it is prohibited, so I need another equivalent

=============
Forgiveness is not an occasional act, it is a constant attitude

What does that mean

===============

PLZ back to the following pages

95-96-97-98-100-101-105
120-121-122-123
You left them unanswered
=======
124-145
Just reading

التعديل الأخير تم بواسطة اوديسا ; 16-04-2012 الساعة 06:25 PM.
اوديسا غير متواجد حالياً  

قديم 11-04-2012, 03:17 PM   #7

همة همة همة

وماتوفيقي إلا بالله

تاريخ التسجيل: Jul 2011
التخصص: عقيدة ودعوة
البلد: جــــدة
المشاركات: 3,447

O My Lord, Odessa succeeded his studies and tests .. and pleased him his life in this world and Alakharh

توقيع همة همة همة  

وَأُفَوِّضُ أَمْرِي إِلَى اللَّهِ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ بَصِيرٌ بِالْعِبَادِ
https://www.sdl.edu.sa/SDLPortal/ar/A-ZArabic.aspx

همة همة همة غير متواجد حالياً  

قديم 12-04-2012, 10:28 AM   #8

همة همة همة

وماتوفيقي إلا بالله

الله يوفقك ويجزاك خير اختي Success key

نفع الله بعلمك في الخير

بُوركتِ

قديم 12-04-2012, 01:19 PM   #9

اوديسا

OTHER-CENTERED

الصورة الرمزية اوديسا

افتراضي Hima hima hima

April 12, 2012

HIMA HIMA HIMA

MY
RECOMMENDATION IS THIS

DO NOT ADVISE OR TAKE ADVICE

IT IS JUST AN OPINION

O My Lord = NEVER

God willing=NEVER
INSHA ALLAH=YES
O My God = NEVER
YATIK AL AFIAH = NEVER
ALLAH YA GAWEEK ALA TAAT ALLAH =YES
YA ALLAH = YES
WE SHOULD PRAISE SUCCESS KEY = YES
SUCCESS KEY TRIES TO FIND USELESS EXCUSES =NEVER

TAKE A DEEP BREATH

GOD = NEVER
LORD= NEVER
ALLAH = YES
THANK YOU= NEVER
MAIR BANI = NEVER
JAK=YES

Our bold leader was used to saying, God, Lord, Thank you, Merci, MAIR BANI = NEVER

He was used to saying, ALLAH, ASALAMU ALAIKUM WARAHMATU ALLAH WABARAKATU, JAK=YES

A lot of our MUSLIM BROTHERS and SISTERS use these expressions, why not= NEVER

I must stick to the HOLY QUR'AN and PROPHET M. TRADITIONS=YES

HAPPINESS IS IN THE POCKET = NEVER
HAPPINESS IS IN THE MIND = YES

YOUR MUSLIM BRO

======

Success key
New graduate 2012

My Congratulations
و في الأخير :: بأسأل الكلمات اللي كاتبها فوووق هذي من أي
URDU TONGUE

===========
SUCCESS KEY ASKS
YOU MEAN THE FOLLOWING

I have found an equivalent in Arabic, but after searching so many sources, I was convinced it is HARAM. I can not give you the main source, so leave it as it is
=======

What does in other words mean, the meaning

======

Will be in for itmeans
it relates to previous story ..... so it should be a story before these few lines !!

You are right
==============

Look !! The frog and scorpion syndrome.
The scorpion and frog is a fable about a scorpion asking a frog to carry him across a river. The fable is used to illustrate the position that the behaviour of some creatures or people is irrepressible, no matter how they are treated and no matter what are the consequences.

I mean here what we learn

Does it mean we must think twice before helping others
OR
Sitting idle by while others languish in hell
OR
Has it conflict with our religion, I mean as a MUSLIM
================

By ALLAH, If I have enough wealth, I will not be at mercy of others. More to analysis, I have heard these words from a prominent American religious leader. He preached his message using out of ordinary accent

Making sure I am not making things up

History = Hishry

Understand=undershtand
Acknowledge=agnolij
Next=nex W/O t
Actually=aksly

Your observation, SUCCESS KEY

READING OTHER MINDS COMES FIRST

التعديل الأخير تم بواسطة اوديسا ; 12-04-2012 الساعة 03:21 PM.
اوديسا غير متواجد حالياً  

قديم 12-04-2012, 03:25 PM   #10

همة همة همة

وماتوفيقي إلا بالله

افتراضي رد: Hima hima hima

april 12, 2012

hima hima hima

my recommendation is this

do not advise or take advice

it is just an opinion

o my lord = never
اوديسا لما لا استخدم كلمة الرب عندما انادي الله الانبياء والصالحين استخدموا هذه الكلمة في القران قالى تعالى على لسان موسى عليه السلام في سورة القصص "ربي إني لما أنزلت إلى من خير فقير "وقول الله في سورة طه "وقل ربي زدني علما " والرسول في الدعء يقول ربي هب لي وسليمان عليه السلام يقول "ربي هب لي من الصالحين "وزكريا عليه السلام يقول "ربي هب لي من لدنك ذرية طيبة انك سميع الدعاء"
فأنا اتبع واقول مثلما يقول الله ادعوني استجب لكم الرب هو من اسماء الله الحسنى وصفات مثل الرحمن اللطيف القوي الله الحميد الرحيم الملك القيوم ..لما ذا يارب = لا

ماهو الفرق بينها وبين ya rab

god willing=never

insha allah=yes

مالفرق بينهما؟
ماهي نفس المعنى ؟
لكن بالانجليزي وبالعربي ..

الله يقول .. قال‏:‏ ‏{‏‏وَمَا تَشَاءُونَ إِلَّا أَنْ يَشَاءَ اللَّهُ رَبُّ الْعَالَمِينَ‏}‏‏ ‏[‏التكوير‏:‏ 29‏]‏، ...
وكذلك امرنا ان نقول كما في سورة الكهف "ولا تقولن لشيء اني فاعلٌ ذلك غدا إلا أن يشاء الله"....

o my god = never

لماذا ؟
أليس هو نداء الله باللغة الانجليزية ؟

yatik al afiah = never

allah ya gaweek ala taat allah =yes

اقصد الله يعطيك العافية ...
فأقول يعطيك العافية ...ضمير مستتر تقديره هو (الله) يعني الله هو الذي يعطيك العافية .

ya allah = yes

we should praise success key = yes

success key tries to find useless excuses =never

take a deep breath

god = never

اخبرني لماذا ؟
انت اعلم مني في الانجليزية
نحن المسلمون عندما نقول oh my god نعني بها ..........يالله

lord= never

ونعني يارب

allah = yes

thank you= never

[

.................................................. ...............الباقينقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة سأكمله لاحقا...

mair bani = never

jak=yes

our bold leader was used to saying, god, lord, thank you, merci, mair bani = never

he was used to saying, allah, asalamu alaikum warahmatu allah wabarakatu, jak=yes

a lot of our muslim brothers and sisters use these expressions, why not= never

i must stick to the holy qur'an and prophet m. Traditions=yes

happiness is in the pocket = never

happiness is in the mind = yes

your muslim bro

======

نقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة

موضوع مغلق

تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع